In a couple of hours my journey will begin when Lea will drive me to Winterbourne Abbas in Dorset. My parents will meet us there and take me the rest of the way to their home in Fordingbridge. Tomorrow morning (Thursday) it'll be an early start (don't worry, I'm used to them!) to make sure I'm at Southampton Airport in time for my 7-00am flight to Edinburgh with Flybe. From there I will catch a connecting flight for the short hop up to Wick (a short hop in flying terms, not in walking terms!).
At the moment I'm making doubly sure everything is packed. There is only one decision left to make; do I add a fair bit of weight to my pack by adding the two books I would like to take? Maybe I should I take just one? Or do I leave them both behind?
Over the last few days I have received lots of good luck cards, mainly from customers on my milkround. Also many good luck messages have arrived over the internet. Thank-you very much to all of you, they have touched me and will be in my mind as I walk. Again I must thank everybody who has made a donation to MacMillan Cancer Support, the generosity shown to this great cause will give me more determination than anything else to push through the tough times during my challenging journey.
During my walk the best way to keep up-to-date with my progress will be by following me on Twitter. I shall be posting location details and photos live from my iPhone regularly. The link below takes you to my Twitter feed;
My next blog post will be from Scotland!
Wednesday, 18 August 2010
- Route planning and other news
- Only 5 days to go! Last minute preparations.
- My journey begins today - thanks for all the good ...
- Day 1 (and a bit) John o'Groats to Mid Clyth
- Day 2 Mid Clyth to Helmsdale
- Day 3 Helmsdale to Dornoch
- Day 4 Dornoch to Alness
- Day 5 Alness to Inverness
- Day 6 Rest day in Inverness
- Day 7 Inverness to Balbeg
- Day 8 Balbeg to Clunes
- Day 9 Clunes to Fort William
- Day 10 Fort William to Kingshouse
- Day 11 Kingshouse to Tyndrum
- ▼ August (15)